This week's post from Brandon Clark, National Sales Director
Your Branded Mobile App Will Be Your Primary Marketing Channel In 2017 And Beyond!!
Sure you’ve heard it all before.
- “Mobile technology is revolutionizing how businesses (including golf courses) communicate with their customers.”
- “In the 2017 business environment it is critical your facility has a branded presence on all of your customers’ phones.”
Well, the data is in, it’s all true!
In 2017 it is imperative for your facility to not only get onboard with mobile technology but your staff, top to bottom, must embrace your app. With you and your staff working together to actively promote your Gallus app the sky's the limit for generating new revenue and providing a better customer experience at a fraction of the time and cost of other marketing and advertising channels.
- In 2015 40,402 business apps were created
- Smartphone users now spend only 14% of their time in web browsers while they spend 86% of their time on mobile apps.
- In 2016 62% of businesses surveyed either have an app or are planning on building one. Of those surveyed 20% use their apps for branding, 30% for generating revenue, and 50% to engage their customers.
- We spend 174 minutes on our mobile devices every day.
- $74 Billion in sales were made through mobile apps in 2015. That is up 32% from 2014. We expect a similar jump when the 2016 numbers come in.
- For mobile shoppers there a fewer transaction on mobile websites and more transactions on mobile apps. Today's consumers prefer mobile apps for purchasing because it’s a smoother checkout process, an app is easier to navigate, and an app is easier to read.
- 30% of baby boomers download retailer apps, 50% of Gen X’ers, and 60% of Millennials. For those in the golfing demographics, the numbers are much higher.
The lesson to be learned...
Driving downloads is absolutely essential. If you are not, your competitors are. We promise you that. The math is obvious - the more downloads you have, the larger your audience - the larger your audience, the greater your effect.
Here are some great previous tips to click on to learn some unique ways to drive more downloads to your app. (click on each to read them)
- Mapping Your Practice Range
- Flash Tournaments
- Drive Downloads through a Facebook Call to Action Button
- Video to Promote your App
- Automated Smart Banners on your mobile website
- The Gallus Tournament Wizard
- Overcoming Download Objections