Add a day of excitement, and a few dozen downloads
The last few tips have gone deep into detail and been kind of lengthy. So, I will keep this one brief!
A Flash Tournament is an opportunity for you to take a day that you have a relatively full tee sheet but no real events scheduled, and create a huge buzz at the course, a great golfer experience for the day, and capture a bunch of new downloads all at once. The most recent Flash Tournament a client course of ours held yielded 31 new downloads and a great time had by all.
Here's the plan:
- Pick the day---Saturdays are usually very good because the course is full
- Build a Leaderboard in the app---We highly recommend a Skins game because it is competitive for everyone and doesn't embarrass a not so great golfer by blasting his score all over the place. Plus you don't have to worry about handicapping or flighting it
- Choose your prizes---hats, sleeves of balls, towels, rounds of golf, food or drinks
- As each golfer comes to check in, alert him/her to the fact that you're hosting a "Free Skins Game" today that the only requirement to be 'in the hunt' is to download and keep score in the app
- Broadcast the leaderboard on televisions in your clubhouse and at the bar, and have a handful of food and drink specials---make it a complete Skins day with Potato Skins, etc on the menu, and keep the buzz going about who is going to win all day
- Award your prizes
- A couple weeks later, send out a push notification hosting another Flash Tournament, or just any general reason for the golfer to come back---after having such a fun time in the last event, he will be sure to return
- Be the FUN Course in your market!
Need any help setting one of these up---let me know: 858.437.9262, or firstname.lastname@example.org