ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR USERS TO PRINT AND SUBMIT FORMS FOR REGISTRATIONS, RESERVATIONS AND SIGN UPS IN GENERAL
Very often I see on golf course websites a form for a golfer to print out, fill out, and submit to the club for a variety of purposes. It may be a tournament registration form, an event reservation, a membership application, or even a giveaway to sign up for. Some of the biggest issues with this method of collecting these are that you're likely missing out on many, you're not being "Green", and you're making the process difficult because most of these people are viewing these forms on their phones or tablets these days, and printing from those is very difficult at best.
Here are the steps to remedy this, with screenshots of examples below:
- If you already have a Google account---great, if not, get one by registering your current email address with Google or making a new Gmail address.
- Open Google Drive
- Under "My Drive", select Google Forms and create a New Form
- This form will give you the opportunity to get all of the information you need for your registration by asking questions of the user to enter it all
- The form comes with a "Live url" that allows it to be linked to from anywhere---so from your website you can have a "Click Here to Register" link that points to the form, and within your app you can have a custom button that points to the Google Form also
- Then, Google will output these responses in a spreadsheet to you with a different column for each of the questions you requested be answered
VOILA! You can either be done at this point using the spreadsheet as your reference, or you can pull the info from the spreadsheet and populate what you need from there instead of the printed and filled out form.
Below are the screenshots of how this works, and PLEASE lean on us to help you set these up if you need. It is quick and easy once you have done it a time or two. 858.437.9262 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BEGINNING THE FORM ON GOOGLE DRIVE
THE FORM BUILDING PAGE
THE MOBILE FRIENDLY LIVE URL---THE FORM ITSELF!