The new Loyalty/Rewards program is great. Having spoken with many of you, we are aware that choosing the program and what to give away has been a struggle for some. So, what if you were PAID to have the program, and didn't have to give away anything from the Golf Club??
HERE'S THE PLAN and the thought behind it:
Small businesses constantly make efforts to acquire new customers. They are willing to spend their advertising dollars to do it. Advertising can't guarantee that someone will actually come and patronize your business. However, with this plan, your customers will have a reason to become a customer of a business local to your area.
What we are proposing is to have a local business purchase from you the naming rights to your Loyalty program. Follow these steps to make it happen:
1. Partner with a local business for your Loyalty program providing them the Naming Rights for the program. The investment you require from your partner is up to you, but for this blog post's sake, let's call it $500.
2. Come to terms with this business on what you will be offering as a reward and how your golf course customers will earn the reward. For example, "With every 7 rounds of golf played, receive $15 credit at Joe's Tacos!", or "With every 5 rounds played, receive a complete Platinum upgrade with your next Car Wash at Stars and Stripes Auto Detail".
3. Name your program accordingly to help your partner, for example, the "Golfing for Tacos" or similar for any other business partner, and now your partner has a button on the homepage of your app for the Loyalty Program
4. Include in the package for this business a pop up that appears during the round of golf
5. Set up a GeoFence Notification around Joe's Tacos advertising the program
6. Start promoting it to your clients
The net results are this:
- Your customers earn rewards that drive loyalty to your club, but cost you nothing to provide to them
- You actually get PAID to provide this service to your customers
- The sponsoring business for a low cost is reaching out to and acquiring many new customers in a very targeted market, and is also creating a top of mind awareness among your golf course clients without necessarily having to give up any rewards. For example, I am craving tacos or my car is filthy, just played your course, haven't earned any rewards yet, but where do you think I am going to go to get my Taco fix or car washed?