Back to the Basics Series, News Items
The "News" in your app is some of the most prime real estate on your app's homepage. It is a spot you can share unlimited text, link to sites you want to, and have as many of these items in the app as you would like. It's a great place to share general news, even your club's newsletter, or to promote anything you would like.
Here are the simple steps in placing a News Item in your app:
- On the left-hand side of your dashboard click the "Customize App" dropdown and choose "News"
- Click to "Add News Item"
- Complete the Title and Body of your news item
- Choose whether you want it "Featured" or not---this will place it either on your homepage (Featured), or in the list of news items (not Featured). You have space for only one featured news item at a time
- Click to Add the news item
- Voila! You're done. You're now a news publisher!
Here are some screen shots of how the news items appear in your app:
THE NEWS ITEM IS IN THE BOX REFERRING TO THE BRAZILIAN STEAK HOUSE... THIS IS HOW A NEWS ITEM APPEARS ON THE HOME SCREEN OF YOUR APP
THIS IS HOW THE NEWS ITEM APPEARS WHEN YOU CLICK ON IT FROM THE HOME PAGE OF THE APP---ALSO, NOTICE THE "ALL NEWS" BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT. PLEASE NOTE, THIS PAGE CAN BE SCROLLED, SO FEEL FREE TO MAKE THIS AS LONG AS YOU WANT, KEEPING IN MIND THAT BREVITY WHILE READING ON A MOBILE DEVICE IS KEY.
THIS IS THE USER'S VIEW WHEN CLICKING ON THE "ALL NEWS" BUTTON FROM THE PREVIOUS PAGE. IT BRINGS YOU TO AN ARCHIVE OF ALL OF YOUR NEWS ITEMS ORDERED BY THE DATE YOU PUBLISHED THEM, OR WHATEVER ORDER YOU CHOOSE FOR THEM TO APPEAR. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, IF THERE IS A NEWS ITEM WITH SOME TIME SENSITIVITY TO IT, IT IS WISE TO GO BACK INTO YOUR DASHBOARD AND DELETE IT AFTER IT HAS EXPIRED.
Next week our Weekly App Tip will arrive a day early on Wednesday since it is Thanksgiving week. As always, if you need any help with this or anything in your app, by all means reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 858.437.9262.