Last modified: December 24, 2022
Gallus Golf adheres to all applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations of the United States and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as golf course and club information. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a Gallus Golf account or request other services from us, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, and an account password) by which you may be personally identified. By providing this unique information you can perform certain services such as recovery of your scorecard data, participate in a loyalty program, and receive in app offers. Providing your email address via a Gallus Golf developed application does not sign you up for any new email marketing that you have not already signed up for, and separate consent for email marketing purposes must be obtained. For certain services, such as our donation and/or purchasing programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information (such as your postal address, telephone number) along with the details of transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfillment of your orders, which is maintained in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Gallus Golf services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. – As you navigate through and interact with our website, services, or partner websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your web request, IP address, operating system, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Email <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a> to request information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Gallus Golf processes personal data as a Controller, as defined by the GDPR. All data collected by us will be stored in secure hosting facilities by Amazon Web Services. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Gallus Golf, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Round data – Round information collected while using scoring services may be shared with Gallus Golf partners and in some cases displayed publicly on leaderboards.
- Location data – Gallus Golf may offer location-enabled services, such as on-course GPS distance information for mobile devices. If you use those services, Gallus Golf may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Links – Gallus Golf may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Protecting the rights or property of Gallus Golf or our users; and
- Developing new services.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Information We Will Never Collect or Process. – We will never collect or process information related to the following categories unless we are required to by law:
o Race or ethnic origin;
o Political opinions;
o Religious or philosophical beliefs;
o Trade union memberships;
o Genetic or biometric data;
o Health or mortality; and
o Sex life or sexual orientation.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising – If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also always opt-out by logging into our website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS].
- Promotional Offers from the Company – If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click the “Unsubscribe” link usually located at the end of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising – If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, or clients.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to and not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you [ EX: give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients].
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gallus Golf, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated non-personal information such as the number of users who have started keeping score with our services, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personal information will be encrypted SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Gallus Golf services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you created an account on our website, you can access and change your online profile yourself. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. You may also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information or let us know that you do not want to receive any further communication from us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a> or write us at: Gallus Golf, 8380 Miramar Mall Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121.
Contact us any time to:
- Request access to information that Gallus Golf has about you.
- Correct any information that Gallus Golf has about you.
- Delete information that Gallus Golf has about you.
If you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data, or any other questions about this policy, please contact us at: